Open since August 2007, Capel Court scheme allows frail older people to live independently in their own self-contained apartment with access to a home care service who are permanently based on site.
The scheme consists of 40 apartments, 32 of which are 1-bedroomed, the remainder are 2-bedroomed.
What facilities are at Capel Court?
You’ll benefit from an excellent range of on site facilities at Capel Court which include:
- On site restaurant which operates 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Lounge areas for relaxing and entertainment
- Activity room
- Scooter Room
- Laundry room
- Hair Salon
- Bathing facilities
What services are provided?
We want to ensure you have access to care and support when you need it.
- A lunchtime meal is provided by our on site catering team
- Housekeeping staff provide a clean and safe environment for you but can also offer cleaning of individual properties
- Independent Living Staff are available to ensure the wellbeing and safety of tenants is promoted and maintained
- Housing Related Support can be offered to tenants who need help with their tenancy
- RCT domiciliary care staff are based on site to provide your care package
What do the properties include?
Each apartment is wheelchair accessible and has an ensuite bathroom and fitted kitchen. A scheme manager and care manager work closely to ensure that a high quality service is provided for the tenants and that the care package they receive is tailored towards their specific needs.
Tenants are encouraged and supported to organise social events and there are regular activities including concert evenings, bingo, coffee mornings and day trips.
Capel Court is not residential care. This difference is important to tenants as it means that rent and a high proportion of the service charge is eligible for housing benefit. The rent and service charge include the provision of a midday meal 7 days a week and cleaning of the flat.