Ty Ynysawdre in Tondu, Bridgend, opened in December 2018. Developed in partnership with Bridgend County Borough Council, there are 25 extra care apartments and 15 residential beds.
The residential care is managed by Bridgend County Borough Council and the extra care is managed by Linc.
What facilities are at Ty Ynysawdre?
You’ll benefit from an excellent range of on site facilities at Ty Ynysawdre which include:
- On site restaurant which operates 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Lounge areas for relaxing and entertainment
- Laundry room
- Hair Salon
- Bathing facilities with adapted bath
- A garden to enjoy the outside, whatever the weather
What services are provided?
We want to ensure you have access to care and support when you need it.
- A lunchtime meal is provided by our on site catering team
- Housekeeping staff provide a clean and safe environment for you but can also offer cleaning of individual properties
- Independent Living Staff are available to ensure the wellbeing and safety of tenants is promoted and maintained
- Housing Related Support can be offered to tenants who need help with their tenancy
- RCT domiciliary care staff are based on site to provide your care package
What do the properties include?
Each of the 25 extra care apartments have an en-suite bathroom and fitted kitchen. Facilities at Ty Ynysawdre include a communal lounge and dining area for socialising, as well as a hair and beauty salon and spa room. The scheme design is in line with Linc’s high standards and includes features aimed at assisting tenants with sight loss or memory loss to enjoy full access to the building through the RNIB’s Visibly Better Accreditation. There are a number of activities on offer at Ty Llwynderw including craft classes, bingo and wellbeing classes.
A scheme manager and care manager work closely to ensure that a high-quality service is provided for the tenants and that the care package they receive is tailored towards their specific needs. Ty Ynysawdre is for people over the age of 65 with a care need from Bridgend County.