Plas Bryn is situated in the Fairwater area of Cardiff and enjoys stunning views over the city and out towards the Vale of Glamorgan.
Our model allows frail older people to live independently in their own self-contained apartment, with access to a home care service permanently based on site. The scheme consists of 40 apartments, 27 of which are 1-bedroomed, the remainder are 2-bedroomed.
The scheme design is in line with Linc’s high standards, and includes some features aimed at assisting residents with sight loss or memory loss to enjoy full access to the building.
What facilities are at Plas Bryn?
You’ll benefit from an excellent range of on site facilities at Plas Bryn which include:
- On site restaurant which operates 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Lounge areas for relaxing and entertainment
- Activity room
- Scooter Room
- Laundry room
- Secure communal gardens
- Hair Salon
- Bathing facilities with adapted bath
- A winter garden to enjoy the outside, whatever the weather
What services are provided?
We want to ensure you have access to care and support when you need it.
- A lunchtime meal is provided by our on site catering team
- Housekeeping staff provide a clean and safe environment for you but can also offer cleaning of individual properties
- Independent Living Staff are available to ensure the wellbeing and safety of tenants is promoted and maintained
- Housing Related Support can be offered to tenants who need help with their tenancy
- RCT domiciliary care staff are based on site to provide your care package
What do the properties include?
Every property is newly decorated with a fully fitted kitchen and bathroom. All of our bathrooms are wheelchair accessible wet rooms with fitted handrails and adaptations to make life easier for you. Non slip flooring is fitted, leaving you with the choice of flooring in the bedroom and lounge.
Plas Bryn includes a hairdressing salon, communal space for social activities, assisted bathing and restaurant facilities. Each apartment has an ensuite bathroom, fitted kitchen and either one or two well sized bedrooms. A Scheme Manager and Care Manager work closely to ensure that a high quality service is provided for the tenants. Tenants are encouraged and supported to develop strong links with the local community and Plas Bryn has a particularly strong tenants group who have been instrumental in fundraising and organising events for the Plas Bryn community.
Plas Bryn is not residential care. This difference is important to tenants as it means that rent and a high proportion of the service charge is eligible for housing benefit. The rent and service charge include the provision of a midday meal seven days a week.