A progressive community housing and care village for older people with individually tailored care & support.
Willowbrook, Bettws, is a high quality community housing and care scheme for older people which has been developed in partnership with Newport City Council. The scheme comprises a total of 40 self-contained apartments with a mix of 1 and 2 bedroom accommodation, and fourteen two bedroom bungalows, all fully wheelchair accessible with widened doorways and level access.
What facilities are at Willowbrook?
You’ll benefit from an excellent range of on site facilities at Willowbrook which include:
- On site restaurant which operates 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Lounge areas for relaxing and entertainment
- Laundry room
- Secure communal gardens
- Hair Salon
- Bathing facilities with adapted bath
- A garden to enjoy the outside, whatever the weather
What services are provided?
We want to ensure you have access to care and support when you need it.
- A lunchtime meal is provided by our on site catering team
- Housekeeping staff provide a clean and safe environment for you but can also offer cleaning of individual properties
- Independent Living Staff are available to ensure the wellbeing and safety of tenants is promoted and maintained
- Housing Related Support can be offered to tenants who need help with their tenancy
- RCT domiciliary care staff are based on site to provide your care package
What do the properties include?
Willowbrook is an independent living scheme. Care staff are available on site and provide personal care to tenants in extra care who have been assessed and meet Newport City Council’s eligibility criteria. Within the community the accommodation meets the needs of varying levels of care and support.
Facilities at Willowbrook include a shop, library, laundry room, hair and beauty salon as well as the main communal lounge and restaurant. The scheme design is in line with Linc’s high standards and, following consultation with the RNIB, includes features aimed at assisting tenants with sight loss or memory loss to enjoy full access to the building through the RNIB’s Visibly Better Accreditation.
Building on the firm belief that services should act as a community hub, our schemes are increasingly being developed to meet the needs of the wider community with the provision of day services and other activities. Linc looks forward to the mutual benefit this will offer our live-in tenants and older people from across the local community.