New Flexible Dementia Respite Pilot
We are excited to announce that we are part of a new Flexible Dementia Respite Pilot!
The pilot will support unpaid carers of people with dementia.
This project is enabled by the Gwent Regional Partnership Integrated Care Fund 2018/19 and is also supported by the Alzheimers Society Cymru, Age Cymru, Carers Trust, Hospice of the Valleys.
The aim is to provide respite services for unpaid carers of a person with dementia, who are not currently receiving any respite, to support a break from their caring role.
This pilot will help us to understand the types of services that are most beneficial to unpaid cares, so that in future the correct support can be accessed whenever it is needed.
What we have on offer:
- Home visits to enable the care giver to have some time to themselves
- Help with shopping by providing transport and assistance or by doing the shopping and delivering it to the home address
- Help with food preparation, personal care or the household chores
- Opportunities to build friendships with other people in similar situations and the to take part in activities
- There are counselling and Dementia Life Coach experts available who can provide advice in effective care-giving practices and give attention to the needs of the care giver
- A Day Service visit can be arranged with the offer of transport
- Our providers can provide transport to medical appointments
- We also offer a Young Carers support group
We are also able to offer supported breaks away from the home and will create bespoke respite solutions where possible.
If you’re caring for someone with dementia and would like to find out more about this service, get in touch with Joanne Chipeva via phone: 01633 857168 or email: email@example.com